Friday, August 10, 2012

Here we go!

I'm not a philosophizer, prolific writer, or thinker for that matter, but occasionally I like to ramble with words.  I'm starting this blog mainly because I recently lost the best friend a girl could have.  You know the one, that person you could tell anything to and she would laugh with you, cry with you or tell you to snap the hell out of it...Ethel was that friend for me.  Her real name was Suzanne, but we had plenty of episodes (many of which I will probably retell here) that caused us to start calling each other "Lucy & Ethel".  Of course I was Lucy because I was younger.  So going forward, you now know who "Ethel" is.
Since Ethel passed, just over a month ago, I have found I have so much I want to tell her.  Of course, I know she's up there somewhere, watching over me, hearing and seeing everything I need to tell her - but I need to verbalize it just the same.
Please know this is not going to be some "boo-hoo, I miss you" tribute.  I, personally, do not need that negative sadness around me. Therefore, I do not wish to project it on to anyone else.  This is mostly going to be just me, writing!
Oh yeah, I'm most certainly, undeniably a Southern Girl (said with gleaming pride) and will do my best to convey as such in my writings and story-telling style.  "Please don't mistake my southern accent for ignorance..."  Just take it like you should my grammar, humor, and thoughts on everything that will piss anyone off...it's just how I am, love it or leave it.
Ok, that being said, now the word of warning: I do not proclaim to have a firm grasp (nor do I wish to) of proper grammar laws, spelling etiquette or proper placement of adjectives or the like.  And occasionally, I will purposely break these so called "laws" for emphasis, reiteration and/or deliberate snub to Ethel, who was very "Hitler-like" with sticking to said "laws"...If you can get through all of this and keep reading....Bless your heart and HERE WE GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment